I was born and raised in Southport England, I have been married for over 29 years and have a grown up family, including a grandchild. I worked in sales for 24 years and 12 years ago I began a new journey which has led me to become a trained counsellor. I have just returned after living in America for 2 years, were I worked as a voluntary counsellor and was also involved with the Brain Injury Association of America (Illinois).
My professional body is the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP) where I am an accredited and registered counsellor. I follow their ethical guidelines for good practice, you can access and confirm my registration on both their websites www.bacp.co.uk or www.bacpregister.org.uk.
I am dedicated to my professional and personal development and take many courses and attend conferences throughout the year to keep me up to date in order for me to continue best practice.
I have a number of roles within my counselling service:
- Privately I offer one to one & couples counselling and use variety techniques and models.
- I work at a brain injury rehabilitation unit as a welfare advisor for the staff.
- I am a Trustee for Headway Preston and Chorley, the Brain Injury Association, I work with Clients and their families – this involves supporting & educating clients, family members/carers. Ongoing I facilitate self deveolpment courses and attend the drop ins & activity days.
- The British Association of Counselling & Psychotherapy ( Accreditation)
- Certified Brain Injury Specialist
- Diploma in the Theory and Practice of Counselling (therapeutic work)Level-4
- Level 2 Counselling Concepts
- Certificate in Counselling Skills Level 2
- Counselling-Grief and Loss
- Introduction to Cognitive Behavioural Therapy
- Cerificate in Nutrition and Health
- Mental Capacity Act 2005
- Wellness Recovery Action Plan
- Working with Suicidal Clients
- Relationship Counselling
- Mental Health First Aid (USA)
- Military Sexual Trauma Behaviour (USA)